- Please read the requirements before you buy (PHP 7, etc.).
- There is no guarantee that Rich Snippets will show up on your search results as this is totally up to the search engines.
Rich Snippets for WordPress version 2
Yey! I did it: after many years on the market this plugin got a major overhaul and is now ready in version 2. Please verify yourself how this plugin can save you a ton of work.
What are Rich Snippets?
A Rich Snippet displays additional data such as images, star-ratings, etc. in search results. In order to get this to work, you must incorporate schema.org (in any of the following open standards: microdata, microformats or RDFa, and JSON-LD ) in your web pages. Sounds complicated? Yes, it is. At least for most people who don’t know how to code.
What is schema.org?
“Schema.org is a collaborative, community activity with a mission to create, maintain, and promote schemas for structured data on the Internet”. This is what the official website at schema.org says on its home page. The project was founded by Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and Yandex as a shared vocabulary to provide search engines and other applications with structured data. If you add some of the so called schemas to your website, search engines will have a better understanding of the things on your sites. For example, you can tell them:
- where the header is;
- what the main item (like the blogpost content) is;
- who the author of a blogpost is;
- what topic you’re writing about (like product review);
- what rating you give to products and other things;
- and many more.